Sunday, September 25, 2005

Do You Recall??

I won't say, "I told you so," but I will say Benjamin Netanyahu told us so. Note my posts Durable Peace and Plight of Israel.

The day the rest of the Israelis pulled out of the Gaza Strip, Palestinian militants were dancing in the streets with their weapons. I wonder, is that the response of a people who want peace? It is a military victory for them. They are one step closer to what they want - the annihilation of Israel.

Now I read in the news that there have been 39 missile attacks on Israel from this region. Is this not exactly what Benjamin Netanyahu said would happen? Have we missed this news due to the coverage of the hurricanes? That would be understandable, but we do need at some point to recognize what has really taken place. Israel sits in a more precarious situation than ever.

Shouldn't we reconsider making Israel give up any more cities or land? Shouldn't we instead help them to protect their borders? Shouldn't we think about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home