Monday, February 28, 2005

Thanks to our Service People and Families

I had so many thoughts going on today, but am choosing to take this moment and this space to thank all of our service people and their families.

I love my country. I love the freedom that we have here. I love being able to speak up when I want to. I eat regularly and live in a warm house. I am not afraid that the military is going to come in to my home and harm me.

I know some of the military families. I know it is difficult when there are bombings half a world away, and they always hope and pray that their loved one was not involved. There is loneliness and hardship.

We are a country at war - not by choice. Thank all of you for serving us. Thank you for making our world a safer place. Thank you for the time you are giving and the dangers you are facing. May we never, ever take you for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home